Sunday, May 24, 2009

Pasta Con Broccoli

This recipe is soooo good.  It's my Aunt Carol's...


1 lb frozen broccoli florets
2 sticks butter
4 cloves garlic (Carol uses 6)
1 pt 1/2 & 1/2 (2 cups)
1 lb penne pasta (or any other pasta you prefer)
3 cans cream of mushroom soup
1 large can parmesan cheese (I use the parm/romano cheese mix can)
4-6 diced cooked chicken breasts


Boil shells.  Melt butter and garlic in skillet.  Add 1/2 & 1/2, soup, 1/4 of parm. cheese.  Simmer.  Drain shells by pouring over broccoli in a colander.  (If you like you're broccoli cooked a little more like me - boil the broccoli in a pot and drain.)  Stir together sauce, pasta, broccoli, and cooked diced chicken.  Pour into a greased 9 x 13 pan.  Top with remaining parmesan cheese.  Bake at 375 degrees for 40 minutes.


I like to make the dish the day before my dinner and cook it in the oven the day of.  It makes the day of company so much easier.

1 comment:

Fran said...

Finally I got to try this - it was the best. Glad to see the recipe on here - I may have to try it - or you can just fix it for me again!!!!